You can change the platform's Market Open, Market Close, Order Fill, or Quote Alert sound by going to the Settings menu of the desktop platform or web browser platform. However, if you do not want any sounds, then you may disable platform sounds by unchecking the Enable sounds box in the Sounds section in either platforms Settings menu.
Changing Sound Settings on Desktop Platform
Go to the Platform Settings menu > Sound module
- Sign in to the tastyworks desktop platform.
- After signing in, enter the platform Settings menu by clicking the gear icon. You can find one in the left-hand sidebar next to Watchlists.
- When the Settings menu appears, click SOUND.
Platform preferences should appear in the main window of the platform. Mouse over to “Sounds” and click.
Four dropdown menus will appear for Market Open, Market Close Order Fills, and Quote Alerts. You may select a sound from each dropdown and preview it by pressing the playhead next to each sound dropdown menu.
Once complete, click OK, located in the bottom left-hand corner of the Settings menu.
Changing Sound Settings in the Web Browser Platform
- Sign in to the tastyworks web-based platform: https://trade.tastyworks.com
- Once you are logged in, click “More” in the top left-hand corner. The platform menu will pop out from the left-hand side.
- Mouse down to “Settings” and click.
- Platform preferences should appear in the main window of the platform. Mouse over to “Sounds” and click.
- Three menus with a drop-down option should appear for Market Open, Market Close and Order Fills. You may select a sound from the drop-downs and preview it by pressing the playhead above each sound menu.