When is the next LIVE tastyworks demo?
TYPICALLY HOSTED IN THE MIDDLE OF EACH MONTH
Are you new to tastyworks and looking for a desktop platform demonstration to familiarize yourself with your new surroundings? If so, then you're in luck. We host a LIVE demo of our desktop trading platform each month. Demos are generally hosted in the middle of each month and spots are limited so we encourage you to sign up for the next demo at the link below. Additionally, the video below goes over each tab and of the platform, and each tab’s overall functionality.
tastyTip: If you want to rewind or fast-forward 10-seconds then tap the LEFT or RIGHT key on your keyboard.
If you’re looking for a crash course instead, then please visit our desktop platform quick guide by clicking here.
Are you looking to fast-forward or review a to a specific portion of the video? Well, no need to blindly fast-forward around in the video, below is a timeline of where you can scrub to (or fast-forward along the timeline).
If you’re having trouble viewing the videos in full-screen or prefer viewing the videos on YouTube instead, then please click here. The timeline can also be found in the video’s description and clicking the time marker will jump to that place in time.
0:07 – Intro and overall platform layout
2:40 – Overview of Positions tab
- Customizing view and columns
5:14 – Trade tab - Order entry using Table Mode
- Manually building orders
12:17 – Activity tab
- Viewing and filtering for Working, Filled, Canceled, and Other (rejected or expired) orders
- Replacing/editing orders
- Canceling orders
14:41 – Trade tab - Order entry using Curve Mode
- Using strategy menu to set up trades
16:42 – Trade tab - Trading stocks and futures using Active Trader
20:32 – Watchlist tab
- Customizing view and columns
- Sorting stocks
- Filtering/screening stocks in a watchlist
- Creating a custom watchlist
25:57 – tastytrade tab to watch
26:09 – Chart tab
- Adding indicators
- Choosing a chart time interval and aggregation
- Chart preferences
- Zooming and panning
28:08 – History tab
- Viewing line-by-line transactions
- Viewing year-to-date profit and loss performance
28:35 – Follow tab
- Viewing trade feed of tastytrade traders
- Filtering for specific traders
- Duplicating trades
29:38 – Help Center
- Accessing the tastyworks Help Center in the platform
- Access other videos and view other helpful resources
Additionally, below is a list of help articles that go into greater depth of specific topics and features of the platform that you can view at your own pace.
Platform Navigation and Layout
- Selecting a Default Trading Account
- Creating and Customizing Watchlists
- Accessing the Right Sidebar Menu on Desktop Platform
- Cancel/Edit Working Orders
- Capital Requirement Per Position
- Closing Order Types
- Filtering and Sorting Positions
- Filtering Positions and Orders Within a Specific Account
- How to set an Alert on a Symbol
- Setting up a Closing Position At % Of Max Profit
- Quick Roll vs Roll
- Active Trader Interface Overview
- Adjust Quantity of Options
- Analysis Mode Overview
- Customizing Columns in Table Mode
- Viewing the Expected Move and Profit/Loss Zone of a Trade
- What is the purpose of the lock in order entry?