To view a list of available Small Exchange products, please click here.
How to build a futures trade in the desktop platform, similar to a stock trade
To place a futures order on the desktop trading platform, first, start by entering the futures symbol at the top of the platform. After entering the symbol, the quote will appear (yellow box). Now it's just a matter of clicking the bid or ask price. By entering the futures root symbol, the platform will populate the active (front) month quote. To learn how to trade back months, please click here.
- Long a future: Click the Ask (green box)
- Short a future: Click the Bid (red box)
After clicking the Bid or Ask price, you will enter the Trade Tab, and an order ticket will appear below. There, you can adjust your quantity, price, and order type (yellow box). Currently, futures can only be routed as a Day Order, and not as a GTC or GTD. Once ready, click Review and Send.
Furthermore, if you're an active futures trader then, you can also line up futures orders by using our Active Trader Interface, which is purpose-built for active futures traders. For more information about Active Trader, please click here.
Web Browser Platform
How to build a futures trade in the web browser platform
To place a futures order on the web browser trading platform, first, start by entering the Trade tab. Once the trade window appears, click stock mode, as illustrated below.
Start by entering the futures symbol (yellow arrow). Next, click Buy to Open to go long or Sell to Open to go short (orange box). Then, indicate the price and quantity (green box). Finally, select an order type (blue box). Currently, futures can only be routed as a Day Order, and not as a GTC or GTD. Once ready, click Review and Send.
How to build a futures trade in the mobile platform
To place a futures order on the mobile platform, please refer to the slide show below.
- Navigate to the Trade tab.
- Once in the Trade tab, enter the futures symbol and select it from the list below.
- After choosing the futures symbol, tap the Trade mode on the lower right corner and choose Futures.
- When in the Futures trading mode, you can enter your order details such as buy/sell (long/short), price, quantity, and order type. Currently, futures can only be routed as a Day Order, and not as a GTC or GTD.