If your bank is not listed on Plaid then you can opt to manually link your account via micro-deposit. Deposits made with an account linked manually are held for 4 business days before the funds are available for trading. To learn more about this policy, please click here.
Micro-deposits typically take 2-3 business days to appear
Micro-deposits can take up to 2-3 business days to appear in your bank account after entering your checking account information. Furthermore, savings accounts, foreign (non-US) banks, and brokerage-to-brokerage ACH links are NOT supported.
If you hold a checking account at one of the banks below, then you can cancel your micro-deposit linkage request, locate your bank, and enter your banking credentials. By going that route, you can skip the wait for micro-deposits and link your bank immediately. To learn more about this, including a short instructional video that goes over this process, please click here.
Widely used banks that use our instant bank linking system (Plaid)
Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Citi, US Bank, USAA, Fidelity, PNC, Capital One, TD Bank, SunTrust, Navy Federal, BB&T, etc.
Instructions to manually link your bank
Micro-deposits can take up to 2-3 business days to appear in your checking account. If your bank is not listed in our instant linking system (step #3) and need to establish an ACH relationship using micro-deposits, then please follow the steps below:
- Sign in to tastyworks.com, click MY MONEY at the top of the page, and select DEPOSITS, or click here for a shortcut.
- Click on LINK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.
- A window will appear, click I CAN'T FIND MY BANK.
- Fill out the required fields, including your checking account and routing number, then click SUBMIT. The name on your bank account must match the name on your tastyworks account.
- At this point, you will have to wait until you receive two small deposits from Apex Clearing in your bank account (called ‘micro-deposits’). Micro-deposits can take 2-3 business days to appear in your bank account.
- After you receive the two micro-deposits in your bank account, go back to the MY MONEY>DEPOSITS page and enter the micro-deposit amounts in the fields provided, and click SUBMIT.
Be careful not to go over your verification attempts if reentering your banking information.
If you need to cancel your micro-deposit request for any reason, then return back to the MY MONEY>DEPOSITS page and click Cancel This Linked Bank Account. Please note that if you cancel your micro-deposits in the midst of verifying your bank account and go through the process of manually entering your bank details again, then your first set of micro-deposits will not be valid. You must wait for your new set of micro-deposits to appear to verify your account. You only get three attempts to validate your checking account via micro-deposits. If you exceed your validation limit, then you must go through the process of entering your banking information again.