Generate alerts when the bid, ask, or last price hits and surpasses your set alert price. Alerts are sent to your e-mail or via push notification if you have the tastyworks mobile app.
Quote Alerts Menu Location
To create an alert in the desktop platform, open the right-hand sidebar menu. Along the right-hand side of the sidebar menu, click on the Alerts tab to open the Quote Alerts menu.
Location of the Alerts Tab on the Desktop platform
Web Browser Platform
To create an alert in the web browser platform, open the right-hand sidebar menu. Once open, click on the clock icon to open the Quote Alerts menu.
Location of the Alerts Tab on the web-based platform
How to Set an Alert
Once inside the alert settings menu, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Type the symbol you want to track into the Alert Symbol text field.
- Select what you want to track by clicking the Alert On dropdown menu. You can choose the metric you would like to track, such as Last, Bid, Ask.
- After you choose what you want to track, you can select how you want to track it. Beneath the Operator dropdown menu, you will have the option to choose: < (less than) or < (greater than).
- Lastly, enter a Threshold number, or the number you want to be base your alert from.
- Once finished, click Create Alert. You will see this alert populate beneath the column labeled Current Alerts. The image below illustrates an alert when TSLA reaches less than $250.
When an alert is triggered, an audible alarm will sound on the desktop platform and display the alert in the platform's top left-hand corner of the platform.
To delete an un-triggered alert click on the X next to the alert.
To remove a triggered alert, click the green checkmark or click the red X Clear Triggered button to clear all triggered alerts.
You can sort your Alerts by selecting Created At, A-Z, Z-A, Triggered Price Asc (Ascending) or Triggered Price Desc (descending) from the dropdown menu.
Web Browser Platform
- Type the symbol you want to track into the Symbol text field.
- Select what you want to track by clicking the “Alert On” dropdown menu. There you will have the opportunity to choose the metric you would like to track, such as Last, Bid, Ask, or IVx (IV Index). After you choose what you want to track, you can select how you want to track it. Beneath the “Operator” dropdown menu, you will have the option to choose: “< (less than)” or “< (greater than).”
- Lastly, you’ll have the opportunity to enter a Threshold number or the number you want to be base your alert from.
- Once finished, click “Create Alert.” You will see the alert populate beneath the column labeled: “Current Alerts.”
To delete an un-triggered alert, click on the X next to it . After clicking, a Quote Alert Removal pop-up window will appear to confirm your deletion. Click Delete Alert to confirm the deletion, or click “Keep Alert.”
Push Alerts on Mobile
Triggered alerts also appear on your mobile device as push notifications, as long as you have the tastyworks mobile platform installed and have push notifications enabled. If you have the tastyworks mobile app installed and are not receiving any push notifications, then you may need to check your smartphone's settings menu. To learn more, please click here.
Example of alert push notification received
How to manage your email alert setting
Log in to manage.tastyworks.com>My Profile>Communication Preferences
To stop receiving email alerts for any triggered alert, log in to your account at manage.tastyworks.com and go to My Profile>Communication Preferences. To disable triggered alerts via email, uncheck Account Communication. Furthermore, there is a Manage Your Subscription Preferences at the bottom of each stock alert email, which will take you to Communication Preferences. You will still receive any essential account-related communications such as notifications of a deposit or withdrawal request, as this setting only disables non-essential communications.
Arrows directing how to enable alerts via email