Since most of us can’t watch our platforms 24/7, the tastyworks desktop platform has a built-in alert feature to keep you on top of spotting an opportunity. The platform allows you to create e-mail alerts when the bid, ask or last price hits and surpasses (greater than or less than) a certain number. You also can create an alert when the IV index of a certain underlying exceeds a particular threshold. Alerts are sent to the e-mail associated with the account.
To create an alert, open the right-hand sidebar menu. To learn more about the right-hand sidebar menu then click here. Along the left-hand side of the sidebar menu, click on the ‘Quote Alerts’ tab to open the Quote Alerts menu.
Once inside the alert settings menu, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Type the symbol you want to track into the Symbol text field.
- Select what you want to track by clicking the “Alert On” drop-down menu. There you will have the opportunity to choose the metric you would like to track such as Last, Bid, Ask, or IVx (IV Index).
- After you choose what you want to track you now have the option to select how you want to track it. Beneath the “Operator” drop-down menu you will have the option to choose: “< (less than)” or “< (greater than).”
- Lastly, you’ll have the opportunity to enter a Threshold number, or the number you want to be base your alert from.
- Once finished, click “Create Alert.” You will see this alert populate beneath the column labeled: “Current Alerts.” The picture below is illustrating an alert to be sent when SPY reaches less than $200.
If you've had enough with an alert and you would like to delete it then click on the ‘x’ next to it . After you click ‘x’ a Quote Alert Removal, you will receive a pop-up window to confirm your deletion. Click “Yes” to confirm the deletion, or click “No” to no cancel deletion.