- Where to download the platform
- Installation instructions
- How to uninstall (delete)
- Video: How to Upgrade to Version 1
The same platform used on the tastylive broadcast
Welcome aboard! Now let’s get you hooked up! To download the platform visit our technology page here.
For instructions on how to uninstall the tastyworks desktop platform from your PC, then please scroll to the bottom of the page. If you're looking for instructions on how to install the tastyworks desktop platform on a Mac, then click here.
Under the DESKTOP heading, click on the DOWNLOAD NOW button.
Another window will pop up with more specific information on the system and network requirements. Click the red DOWNLOAD INSTALLER button.
Once the download has finished, follow these instructions to complete the installation, and you’ll be trading in no time.
If downloading from Microsoft Edge
From the browser when prompted with the question “What do you want to do with tastyworks.exe?” select “Save.”
After the installer has downloaded and saved from the next browser prompt, select “Run.”
If downloading from Google Chrome:
Locate the tastyworks installer file. It may be in your “Downloads” folder or wherever you direct your downloads to. Open the tastyworks installer file. You should be able to spot it with a big red dot, or something like this:
Launch the installer file (double-click) to start the installing the program.
PC Installation Instructions
How to install the platform after downloading
- If the installation does not start or you are prompted to choose an application to run the file, add the file extension “.exe” to the end of the installer file and then retry to launch the installer.
- If prompted “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?” select “yes.”
- Select the destination where you want to save the program. Typically, it will save into your "Program Files." Press "Next >" to proceed:
- The next window shows the progress of the installation.
- Accept the License Agreement by clicking the radio button then click "Next >":
- After you agree a window pops up, and a progress bar will appear.
The software is communicating with our servers and downloading the latest version of the tastyworks application.
Please Note: This window may stay on the screen for a moment, depending on your internet connection speed. Do NOT quit or STOP the process as this will lead to issues with the platform installation.
- Once the latest version downloads, the platform login window will appear. Enter your username and password. Once you input your credentials, click “SIGN IN” and you are in!
PC Uninstall Instructions
How to remove the trading platform from your PC
If you received the following error messages: "Error invoking method" or "Failed to launch JVM," then it means you need to uninstall tastyworks. These error messages generally appear if you DO NOT uninstall tastyworks before upgrading to tastyworks version 1. Additionally, the error messages may appear if the self-update was interrupted after launching the platform.
- From the Start Menu, open the Control Panel.
- Locate "Uninstall a program," typically it is located beneath "Programs."
- Select the tastyworks application and click “Uninstall.”
- Windows will proceed to uninstall the tastyworks platform from your computer.
How to Upgrade to tastyworks version 1
Video instructions to walk you through upgrading and installing
Upgrading to tastyworks version 1 will require you to uninstall tastyworks first. The video below goes over the complete process of uninstalling tastyworks, where to download tastyworks version 1, and how to install it.
Please Note: Your platform settings will not erase when uninstalling and upgrading to version 1.