Is your computer connected to a corporate or public network that is preventing you from seeing any quote data? Then chances are, the network your computer is connected to may be blocking our quote stream. If you're able to log in but can't see any data then WebSockets can be your backup plan.WebSockets enable users to tap into our quote feed that many secured networks may be blocking.
*Please Note: Currently, charts are inoperable with WebSockets enabled. The data feed for our chart data cannot be fed through WebSockets. We hope to be able to bypass this issue with future updates and improvements to the platform.
However, it is optimal if you’re pals with your network IT Administrator so he/she can provide you with Proxy Server and Proxy Port information so you can bypass any sort of protective firewall. To learn more about Advanced Options during then click here.
Instructions to enable/disable WebSockets
You can sign in, but quotes are not coming through
- Log into the downloadable desktop platform.
- Once logged in, proceed to the Settings menu, which can be accessed by clicking the gear icon .
- Proceed to the “GENERAL” module. A checkbox for “Use WebSockets for quotes” will appear in the menu to the right. Check the box to enable it or uncheck it to disable it.
- Once checked a prompt will appear stating: “WebSockets for Quotes Changed: Please restart platform to take affect”.
- Press ‘OK” on the bottom left-hand corner of the Settings menu and close the platform.
- Re-launch your platform and log back in. WebSockets should be enabled (if checked) or disable (if unchecked) and quotes will appear.
If you are continuing to experience issues then do not hesitate to contact us. We’ll do our best to find a way to get you back online and trading!