Reconcile your trading by exporting your transaction data into a .CSV file on the tastyworks desktop and web-based platform. Download and import your .CSV file into a spreadsheet-making program such as Excel to view and analyze your trading data.
To download your transaction data, please follow the instructions below to learn how to export your transaction data on the desktop platform and web-browser platform. A visualized numerical guide that corresponds to the steps below displays beneath the written instructions. However, if you are looking to download your Year-to-Date Realized Profit/Loss performance, then you can download that data in our Tax Center. For more information on where to download your Year-to-Date data, please click here.
Please Note: When exporting CSV data from the platform, it will also include unrealized positions. Please remember to omit any open positions that you carried into the new year when determining your realized p/l for a specific year. We suggest downloading your YTD profit/loss performance by downloading your Year-to-Date Data Export file (CSV) in our Tax Center. Year-to-Date Data Export files do not include any unrealized equity or equity option(s) positions. To learn how to download your Year-to-Date Data Export file, please click here.
Exporting Data From The Desktop Platform
Navigate to the History Tab
- Go to the history tab.
Arrow pointing to Desktop platform history tab
- At the top of the history tab window, click transactions.
- Select the account you would like to view by clicking the Account Filter.
- To view a specific symbol, type a symbol to filter down.
- To sort by specific transaction type, click the Type Filter
- To view a specific date range, adjust the date filter along with the start date and end date.
- Your transactions will populate within the History tab window. The platform populates 200 lines at a time to prevent the platform from locking up. Scroll down to populate the remaining lines.
- Once all of your transactions have populated, click the CSV icon to export your History into a CSV file. A file directory will appear where you can choose where to save your CSV file.
*Attention: If you downloaded a CSV file but it is not recognizable by your computer, then please add a “.csv” file extension after the filename.
How to go to download .CSV file on the Desktop platform
Example of Exported Data
Are you wondering what your exported data will look like? Below is an example of an exported CSV from the History tab.
Exporting Data from the Web Browser Platform
Please Note: When exporting to a CSV file through the web browser platform there is a 250-line limit. We suggest using our desktop trading platform to populate your complete transaction history when exporting a CSV.
How to go to download .CSV file on the web-based platform