You can change the platform's Market Open, Market Close, Order Fill, or Quote Alert sound by going to the Settings menu of the desktop platform or web browser platform. However, if you do not want any sounds, then you may disable platform sounds by unchecking the Enable sounds box in the Sounds section in either platforms Settings menu.
Changing Sound Settings on Desktop Platform
- Sign in to the tastytrade desktop platform.
- After signing in, enter the platform Settings menu by clicking the gear icon. You can find one in the left-hand sidebar next to Watchlists.
- When the Settings menu appears, click SOUND.
- Platform preferences should appear in the main window of the platform. Mouse over to “Sounds” and click.
- Four dropdown menus will appear for Market Open, Market Close Order Fills, and Quote Alerts. You may select a sound from each dropdown and preview it by pressing the playhead next to each sound dropdown menu.
- Once complete, click OK, located in the bottom left-hand corner of the Settings me
Changing Sound Settings in the Web Browser Platform
- Sign in to the tastytrade web-based platform: my.tastytrade.com
- Once you are logged in, navigate to the trading page, and then click on the settings icon. The platform menu will pop out in the middle of the platform.
- Mouse down and click on the Sound Tab
- Five menus with a drop-down option will appear for Market Open, Market Close, Quote Alert, Chart Alert, and Order Fills. You may select a sound from the drop-downs and preview it by pressing the playhead above each sound menu.