- Video & Additional Points
- Video Timeline
- How to Remove a Chart Indicator
- How to Hide/Remove ALL Indicators or Drawings
- Only one chart can be displayed in the chart tab.
- To remove a drawing, single-click the drawing in the chart to highlight then press the delete key (PC) or function (Fn) + delete (Mac).
- Indicators overlaid on the chart have a line chart icon: .
- Indicators displayed beneath the chart have a bar chart icon: .
- If you are experiencing issues viewing this in full-screen then you may view this video by going to YouTube, or by clicking here.
- Currently, IV Rank, IV Percentile, or individual options cannot be charted.
- 00:05 - Introduction and Chart tab location
- 00:20 - Chart tab layout
- Viewing a chart of a specific symbol
- Explanation of chart controls
- 01:33 - Adding Indicators to the Chart
- Overview of the Indicator menu
- Example of adding indicators (MACD, RSI, 20-day SMA, and 200-day SMA)
- 02:36 - Adjusting the height of an Indicator displayed beneath the chart
- 02:45 - Removing an Indicator from the chart
- 02:53 - Adding drawings to a Chart
- 03:24 - Adjusting and customizing a chart drawing
- 03:28 - Removing a chart drawing
- 03:39 - Delete/hide all chart drawings or Indicators
Instructions to Remove an Indicator
- Enter the Indicator menu by clicking the Indicator button: .
- Once inside the Indicator menu, all displayed indicators will be listed inside the Current Indicator window. To remove a single indicator, click the X located to the right of the indicator label:
- After clicking the X, it will be removed from the Current Indicators window, denoting that it is removed from the chart.
Instructions to Hide/Remove ALL Indicators or Drawings
- Within the "Chart" tab, locate the gear icon . The gear icon is located below the tab bar.
- Click on the gear icon to open the Chart settings menu.
- Within the Chart settings menu, click on the “Chart” tab. Within the "Chart" tab, you will see options to “Remove all drawings/indicators” and “Hide all drawings/indicators.” To temporarily hide all drawings or indicators, just click the checkbox immediately to the right of “Hide all drawings/indicators” and close the Chart settings menu. Your drawings/indicators will be restored should you ever uncheck the box. To completely remove (no possibility of recovery) indicators or drawings, continue to step 4.
- To completely remove all drawings/indicators, click one/both of the "Remove" buttons immediately to the right of the "Remove all drawings/indicators" options.
- Upon clicking one of the "Remove" buttons, a “Remove all drawings” or “Remove all indicators” prompt should appear with a “Yes” or “No” choice.
- Click “Yes” to remove all drawings or indicators.
- Happy charting!