401k and 403b Rollovers

You can rollover funds from an existing employer-based retirement account, such as a 401(k) or 403(b), to your tastytrade IRA by following the steps below. Rollovers from a 401(k) or 403(b) usually involve reaching out to your employer's retirement plan provider and requesting a rollover check.

How to Rollover a 401k or 403b

Include the Rollover Check, IRA Deposit Slip, and send it to tastytrade

  1. Open a tastytrade IRA account first (Traditional or Roth). You are issued a tastytrade account number once your IRA account is opened and approved.
  2. Contact the institution that holds the retirement account and let them know you would like to do a rollover.
  3. Have them make a check payable to Apex Clearing Corporation FBO *Your Name* and include your tastytrade account number on the memo line. If the check requires an address, then you may list our address listed in step 4.
  4. Have the check mailed to the address below:
    tastytrade, Inc.
    1330 W. Fulton St
    Suite 600
    Chicago, IL 60607

    We suggest using a courier service that issues a tracking number to check the delivery progress. Please do not endorse the rollover check.

    You can download the IRA Deposit Slip on our Forms and Agreements page:

    Note: If the retirement plan provider cannot add your tastytrade account number to the check, you can have them send the check to you. You can then complete an IRA Deposit Slip and include it with the check when you mail it to tastytrade.