At tastyworks, you can fund your account in four different ways. To watch a video instead, click here. Accounts cannot be funded using a credit card or any online payment system (e.g., PayPal).
The most convenient way to fund is by setting up an ACH. An ACH establishes an electronic relationship between your bank account and your tastyworks account. To learn more about establishing an ACH relationship, click here. Once your bank account is linked, you'll be able to move funds to and from your brokerage account with ease.
You can set up an ACH relationship by signing in to your account after you have an open account with us.
ACH relationships can only be established with U.S.-based banks. Brokerage-to-brokerage ACH relationships are not supported. To transfer funds directly from a brokerage account, please use a wire transfer.
You can also fund your account via wire transfer. To do so, contact your bank with the following information:
Bank Name & Address
BMO Harris Bank
111 West Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60603
ABA Routing Number
(for non-domestic wires, please use our SWIFT code instead of an IBAN. Our SWIFT Code is HATRUS44 or HATRUS44XXX)
Recipient/Beneficiary Account Number
IMPORTANT: Do not enter your tastyworks account number as the receiving bank account number. Make sure you are wiring into this bank account number: 1619329
tastyworks via Apex Clearing
350 N. St. Paul Street
Dallas, TX 75201
For Further Credit to / Memo / Message to Recipient / Description
Some wiring forms will have a dedicated section for the final recipient/beneficiary information (your tastyworks account information), but some might not.
- If the wiring form you are completing has a dedicated section for this information, this is where you should provide your name (as it appears on your tastyworks account), your tastyworks account number, & any other requested information.
- If the wiring form you are completing does not have a dedicated section for this information, there should be a “Memo”, “Message to Recipient”, or some other section that allows you to provide additional information to the recipient of the wire. You should be able to successfully transmit your wire if you provide your tastyworks account number in this field.
Generally, wire transfers from U.S.-based banks will land in your account next business day. Wires from international sources may take 3-5 business days.
To learn more about wire transfers, click here.
International customers looking for an alternative to a traditional wire transfer, please click here.
Funds deposited by check are typically available for trading three business days after they are successfully posted to your account. Just make the check payable to tastyworks, include your account number on the memo line and mail it to the following address:
Attn: Account Services
1000 W. Fulton Market St.
Chicago, IL 60607
To learn about funding by check, click here.
By Transferring your account from another brokerage firm (ACAT)
You can fund your tastyworks account by transferring an existing account over from another brokerage firm through an ACAT. To initiate this process, please follow these steps:
- Open up a like account with tastyworks.
- Fill out and sign an Account Transfer Form. The form can be found in the link below.
- Scan the completed form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "ACAT Request." Also include a copy of the most recent statement for your account at the other brokerage firm.
To learn about ACAT transfers, click here.
At tastyworks, we do not accept third party funding of any kind, so just make sure that the name on the bank account associated with your ACH, wire, or check matches the name on your tastyworks account exactly.